Fish with Mango, Lime & Chilli Dressing
There’s nothing like pan-fried fish – impart the delicious flavours of Birch & Waite Mango, Lime & Chilli Dressing to your favourite fish to make a mouth-watering summer meal.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Extra time: Marinate for 2 hours
½ cup Birch & Waite Mango, Lime & Chilli Dressing
4 x 200g white fish fillets (or whole)
1 red capsicum, finely sliced
6 shallots, finely sliced
1 cup bean sprouts
¼ cup Birch & Waite Mango, Lime & Chilli Dressing, extra
1. Marinate fish fillets in Birch & Waite Mango, Lime & Chilli Dressing for a minimum 2 hours or overnight for extra flavour.
2. Pan fry fish 3-4 minutes on one side, then gently flip it over and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the flesh is opaque (and flakes easily with a fork). Remove fish from pan and keep warm.
3. Add vegetables to hot pan and stir fry for 1-2 minutes until slightly softened. Serve vegetable medley immediately on a serving plate.
4. Cut fish fillets in half and serve on vegetables. Drizzle with extra Birch & Waite Mango, Lime & Chilli Dressing.
- For a whole fish, score diagonally every 2cm before marinating
- Rice is a perfect side with this recipe.
- Prefer baking fish? Just bake fish on 200°C /180°C in foil for 12-15 minutes, or until just cooked through. Then grill on high for 2-3 minutes to char the skin. Cover and rest for a few minutes.