Fish Fillets with Green Salad
Rich Tartare Seafood Sauce
|4 pieces Fish 200g firm white fillets|
|1 tbsp Vegetable Oil|
|1 bunch Asparagus mini, woody ends trimmed|
|120g baby Rocket|
|2 Lebanese Cucumbers, thinly sliced|
|1 Red Onion, thinly sliced|
|1 Red Capsicum, thinly sliced|
|1 Lemon cut into wedges (optional)|
PREPARATION TIME: 15 mins
- Place a large frypan over a medium heat. Add oil, ensuring the pan is well-coated, then fish fillets, flesh side down, and panfry for 3-4 minutes. Gently turn fillets over and continue cooking for another 3 – 4 minutes or until flesh is pearly white (and flakes easily with a fork). Longer cooking time for thick fillets.
- Place a large saucepan filled ¾ with water over high heat and bring to the boil. Add asparagus and cook until tender for 1-4 mins depending on the thickness of the stalks (1 mins thin, 2-3 mins medium & 4 mins fat). Remove asparagus from the pan and refresh by placing immediately into ice cold water (or under cold running water) for 1 minute, to stop the cooking process.
- Combine salad ingredients, including the asparagus, in a large salad bowl. Toss gently.
- Serve fish fillets with salad and lemon wedge. Season to taste. Finish with Birch & Waite Rich Tartare Seafood Sauce served in a small bowl or dolloped directly onto the fillets.
- Use any white fish fillet as they are lean & not oily eg. basa, snapper, perch, hake/hoki, ling, cod and barramundi.
- For increased texture, coat fish in flour or breadcrumbs, by firstly soaking the fish in a bowl of milk or egg for 3-5 mins before setting in flour or breadcrumbs (so they stick).
- If defrosting fish, use either:
1. Refrigerator thaw method by placing fish in the chiller section 24 hours prior
2. cold water thaw method by placing fish in a sealed bag in a bowl filled with cold water (not warm/hot water as this may encourage bacteria growth) for @ 30mins
3. Microwave method by placing fish in the microwave under ‘de-frost’ & cooking immediately afterwards.
Where To Buy
Buy this product online.
Subscribe now to receive updates on new recipes and products.