Whole Egg Mayonnaise
|1 1/2 cup plain flour|
|1 tsp. baking powder|
|1/2 tsp. bicarbonate soda|
|1 cup Birch & Waite whole egg mayonnaise|
|1 cup sugar|
|1/2 tsp. salt|
|3 large eggs|
|zest of 3 lemons|
|1/2 cup lemon juice|
|1 1/2 cups icing sugar|
|4 tablespoons lemon juice|
PREPARATION TIME: 45 mins
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees. Line your baking tin with a spray of spray cooking oil and a sprinkle of sugar to ensure the easy lift.
- Sift the flour with the baking powder and baking soda.
- Cream the mayonnaise, sugar, and salt with an electric mixer. Add the lemon juice, and fold in.
- Add the eggs into the mayonnaise mixture, one egg at a time. Incorporate the egg into the butter mixture with the electric mixer before adding the next egg.
- Spread the batter in the prepared tin and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze by whisking the lemon juice and powdered sugar in a bowl and place aside until your cake has cooled.
- Once cooled, generously drizzle with the glaze and serve.
Where To Buy
Buy this product online.
Subscribe now to receive updates on new recipes and products.