Banana Tarte Tatin
Prep time: 5 minutes
|Birch & Waite Premium Caramel Sauce||50g|
|Firm Banana, Peeled and Sliced||1|
|Puff Pastry||1 Sheet|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place the Birch & Waite Premium Caramel Sauce in an individual tarte tatin pan or small cast iron pan. Place the pan over medium heat and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes or until large bubbles appear on the surface.
- Cut the pastry to the size of the pan. Gently lower the pastry over the banana and tuck the pastry down towards the base of the pan. Pierce the top of the pastry 2-3 times.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 1-2 minutes before turning out onto a plate.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream or dollop of cream and a drizzle of additional Birch & Waite Premium Caramel Sauce.
Banana may be substituted with peeled apple slices for an apple tarte Tatin.
Recipe created by Helena Dowdall for Birch & Waite
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.