Charred Corn and Kale Salad with Quick Red Onion Pickles and Birch & Waite Golden Goddess Dressing & Sauce
Prep time: 30-35 minutes
|Red Cabbage, Thinly Shaved||1/8|
|Avocado, Thinly Sliced||1|
|Mint Leaves||1/3 cup|
|Coriander Leaves||1/3 cup|
|Olive Oil (For Cooking)|
|Red Onion, Thinly Sliced||1|
|Apple Cider Vinegar||1/4 cup|
|Caster Sugar||1 1/2 tbsp|
|Golden Goddess Dressing & Sauce||3 tbsp|
- For Quick Red Onion Pickles: Combine water, vinegar and sugar into a small saucepan on medium heat while stirring. Once sugar has dissolved, pour hot liquid over thinly sliced red onions and set aside to pickle for 5-10 minutes. Drain and place in a small jar.
- Heat a BBQ grill or a cast iron grill pan to high heat. Pull back corn husks, remove corn silk and tie husks back using a piece of husk. Place corn on the grill, once lightly charred roll until all sides are charred with a blackened colour.
- Remove from grill, allow to cool before slicing the corn kernels off the cobs. Place in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Heat grill to medium heat. Remove stems of kale, roughly rip up leaves and toss with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Place on grill for a few minutes until lightly wilted, turn over using tongs and allow to lightly charr around the edges. Remove and add to mixing bowl.
- While grill is hot, add halved limes, face down. Allow to lightly charr until lime caramelises. Set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel cucumbers into long ribbons and add to mixing bowl.
- To the mixing bowl, add red cabbage, mint and the coriander leaves. Drizzle with Birch & Waite Golden Goddess Dressing & Sauce and gently toss together.
- Serve on a large platter. Top with avocado and quick pickles, squeezing lime over the top just prior to serving. Add an additional drizzle of Golden Goddess.
The Quick Picked Onions recipe makes extra and can be stored in the fridge for 1 week.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.