Justine Schofield's Chicken & Mushroom Dumplings
Prep time: 45 minutes
|Cornflower (Mixed With 1 Tbsp Water)||1 tsp|
|Spring Onions, White Part Finely Chopped, Pale Green Part Julienned||4|
|Chicken Mince||350 g|
|Dried Shiitake Mushrooms, Rehydrated In Warm Water For 10 Minutes, Then Finely Chopped||4|
|Ginger, Finely Chopped||3 cm|
|Square Wonton Wrappers||60|
|Optional: Sambal Oelek (Or 1 Finely Chopped Long Red Chilli)||1 tbsp|
|Crispy Fried Shallots||1 tbsp|
|Pinch Of Salt|
|Private: Asian Sesame, Soy & Ginger Dressing||125 mL|
- Line a tray with baking paper.
- Place white part of the spring onion in a large bowl along with the chicken mince, mushrooms, cornflour paste, ginger, egg, salt and 1 tablespoon of Birch & Waite Asian, Sesame, Soy & Ginger Dressing. Mix until a sticky paste forms.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a clean work surface and add 1 teaspoon of the dumpling mixture to the centre. Brush the edges with a little water. Bring the opposite corners together and press to seal. Lightly press around the filling to release any air bubbles and form a triangular parcel. Wrap the triangle around thumb so it forms a little hat-like dumpling. It should look like tortellini. Place on the prepared tray and cover with a damp cloth to ensure it does not dry out. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and mince mixture.
- Combine Birch & Waite Asian Sesame, Soy & Ginger Dressing with the sambal olek or chilli if using.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a simmer. Add the dumplings, in two batches if necessary, and cook for 3–4 minutes until they rise to the surface. Remove with a slotted spoon and arrange in a shallow dish. It’s okay if a little starchy water goes into the dish, this will simply keep the dumplings moist. Pour over the dressing and serve with crispy shallots and the green part of the spring onions scattered over the top. Serve and enjoy!
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.