Lamb & Spinach Gozleme with Birch & Waite Greek Style Yoghurt, Feta & Dill Dressing
|Plain Flour||4 cups|
|Warm Water||1 2/3 cups|
|Minced Lamb||500 g|
|Brown Onion, Thinly Sliced||1|
|Garlic Cloves, Crushed||3|
|Ground Cumin||1 tsp|
|English Spinach, Roughly Chopped||1 bunch|
|Feta Cheese, Crumbled||200 g|
|Mozzarella Cheese, Grated||1 cup|
|Greek Style Yoghurt, Feta & Dill Dressing||1/4 cup|
- Make dough: Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Gradually stir in water and mix to a soft dough. Knead on a floured surface for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Return to bowl, cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- Make lamb filling: Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Brown lamb, add onion and cook for 4 minutes. Add garlic and spices and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add spinach, cooking until wilted. Remove from heat and stir through feta and Birch & Waite Greek Style Yoghurt, Feta & Dill Dressing. Set aside.
- Make gozleme: Divide dough into 6 portions and roll each portion on a floured surface into 30cm squares. Spoon filling onto dough squares, spreading across the centre. Top with equal amounts of mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over filling and press down or gently roll.
- Cook gozleme: Over medium heat on an oiled grill plate or fry pan brushed with oil, cook both sides for 5 minutes each or until browned lightly and heated through.
- Transfer cooked gozleme to a serving platter. Top with extra Birch & Waite Greek Style Yoghurt, Feta & Dill Dressing. Enjoy!
Don’t feel like making the dough? Use wraps. Make filling as above and place filling on a wrap, top with another wrap and cook on fry pan or sandwich press.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.