Prep time: 45 minutes
|Plain Flour||1 1/2 cups|
|Baking Powder||1 tsp|
|Bicarbonate Soda||1/2 tsp|
|Free Range Eggs||3|
|Lemon Juice||1/2 cup|
|Signature Whole Egg Mayonnaise||1 cup|
|Icing Sugar||1 1/2 cups|
|Lemon Juice||4 tbsp|
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease tin and sprinkle with sugar to enable easy removal.
- Sift flour with the baking powder and baking soda.
- Cream the mayonnaise, sugar and salt with an electric mixer. Add the lemon juice and fold in.
- Add eggs, one at a time, into the mayonnaise mixture and beat well with an electric mixer in between each.
- Spread batter in the prepared tin and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- While the cake is baking, prepare the glaze by whisking the lemon juice and powdered sugar in a bowl and place aside until cake is cooled.
- Once cooled, generously drizzle with glaze and serve.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.