Rainbow Nourishments Greek Lemon Spiral Tart with Birch & Waite Greek Lemon Dressing
Serves: Serves 4
|Birch & Waite Greek Lemon Dressing||3 tbsp|
|Dairy-free milk or water||3 tbsp|
|Nutritional yeast||2 tbsp|
|Onion powder||1 tsp|
|Fresh herbs of choic e.g. oregano||3 tbsp|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
|Medium sweet potato, peeled||2-3|
|Flour + more for dusting||190g (1 ½ cups)|
|Vegan butter, chilled||115g (1½ cup)|
|Cold water, as needed||3-5 tbsp|
|Birch & Waite Greek Lemon Dressing||2 tbsp|
|Maple syrup||2 tbsp|
|Fresh herbs, chopped, To decorate||(optional)|
|Vegan cheese, crumbled||(optional)|
- Dairy-free ricotta: Add the cashews to a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Drain after 10-15 minutes.
- Add the cashews, milk,Birch & Waite Greek Lemon Dressing, nutritional yeast and onion powderto a food processor. Process untilit forms a paste.
- Add herbs, salt and pepper to taste. Pulse until combined.
- Vegetables: Use a mandolin slicer or potato peeler to cut the vegetables into thin strips.
- Pastry: Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add the flour, water and salt to a bowl or food processor. Mix until combined. Drizzle cold water into the pastry and mix until it comes together.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pastry into a large circle then transfer to a 23cm tart pan. Trim off the excess.
- Fill the tart crust with baking paper and pie weights. Blind bake for 10 minutes, remove the baking paper and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Assembly: When the tart pan isn’t too hot, spread the ricotta on the bottom.
- Starting from the outside, arrange the sliced vegetables on top of the ricotta in a spiral.
- To make the glaze, mix the Greek Lemon Dressing and maple syrup in a bowl. Brush half of the glaze on the vegetables.
- Bake the tart for about 45-55 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and there’s no excess liquid.
- Brush the tart with the remaining glaze. Top with herbs and vegan cheese. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.