Fried Anchovy, Cheese and Caramelised Onion Pastries with Birch & Waite Caramelised Onion
|Milk, Heated||250 ml|
|Grated Mozzarella||2 tbsp|
|Grated Cheddar||3 tbsp|
|Pinch Of Chopped Rosemary And Lemon Zest||Qty|
|Puff Pastry||2 sheets|
- Melt butter in a pan. Add flour and cook for 2-3 mins. Add in hot milk and cook for a further 2-3 mins, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and mix in cheese, anchovies, rosemary, lemon zest, and Birch & Waite Caramelised Onion. Set mixture in fridge until firm.
- Once filling has set, cut puff pastry into small circles and spoon the mixture into discs. Fold pastry in half, firmly pushing down edges to seal mixture inside.
- Brush pastries with egg wash and arrange on a baking tray. Freeze for 4 hours.
- To serve, deep fry at 180°C degrees until golden. Enjoy hot with lemon and chili salt.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.