Pearl Barley & Heirloom Tomato Salad with Birch & Waite Professional Italian Dressing
|Pearl Barley (Raw Weight)||300 g|
|Black Barley (Raw Weight)||200 g|
|Birch & Waite Professional Italian Dressing||160 g|
|Blistered Sweet Romano Capsicums, Sliced Finely||250 g|
|(Required 400g Mixed Red & Yellow Romano Peppers)|
|300G SLOW ROASTED LEMON THYME HEIRLOOM TOMATOES|
|Heirloom Tomatoes||500 g|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||40 g|
|Sea Salt||8 g|
|Black Pepper||2 g|
|Lemon Thyme Leaves||6 g|
|Broad Beans Frozen De Shelled||190 g|
|Baby Basil Leaves||12 g|
|Seal Salt Flakes||5 g|
|Freshly Bround Black Pepper||2 g|
|Birch & Waite Professional Italian Dressing||50 g|
|Slow Roasted Lemon Thyme Heirloom Tomatoes||50 g|
|Baby Basil Leaves||2 g|
- Cook both the pearl barley & black barley in boiling salted water until tender, refresh in ice cold water & put aside for later
- For the blistered Romano capsicums, place approx. 400g of mixed red & yellow Romano peppers in a large bowl with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, mix until the capsicums are well coated. Once coated place over an open flame turning regularly until the skin starts to blister & turn black. Place back into a bowl and cover tightly with glad wrap, leave for 10 minutes to loosen the charred skins. After 10 minutes scrape the skin off with a sharp knife & slice finely into rings.
- For the slow roasted heirloom tomatoes take 500g of mixed heirloom tomatoes & slice in half, place cut face up on a non stick baking tray or parchment paper, drizzle with extra virgin olive & sea salt flakes. Add lemon thyme leaves & roast on 150oc for 30 minutes. Chill & set aside.
- To mix the salad place both the pearl barley & black barley in a large mixing bowl with the Italian dressing, add in the peeled broad beans, blistered capsicums & the roasted heirloom tomatoes retaining 50g for the garnish. Gently toss the salad & season with the sea salt flakes, black pepper and baby basil leaves.
- Place salad in desired bowl or plate and garnish with roasted heirloom tomatoes, baby basil leaves & a final drizzle of Italian dressing
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.