Steamed Asparagus and Broccolini with Birch & Waite Hollandaise Sauce
Prep time: 20 minutes
|Free Range Eggs||2|
|Panko Bread Crumbs||1 tbsp|
|Finely Cut Chives|
|White Vinegar||20 mL|
|Hollandaise Sauce||50 mL|
- Prep the asparagus by bending asparagus spears near the end to naturally break off the tough end. For an elegant presentation of the spears, use a vegetable peeler to peel off a very thin layer of the outer skin of the lower 2-3 inches of the asparagus spears.
- Repeat process for broccolini.
- Prepare a large, shallow pan (with a lid) with 1/2 inch of water and a steamer rack. Bring the water in your steaming pan to the boil and place the vegetables on the steaming rack. Cover and steam for 3-5 minutes (depending on the thickness of the spears), until tender, but still a little crisp.
- Toast the panko crumbs in a dry pan until light brown.
- Add 1L water to a small pot and bring to a bare simmer with 20mL white vinegar. Swirl water and crack the eggs into the middle of water. Simmer gently for 3 minutes before draining on paper.
- To serve, plate the asparagus and broccolini. Place poached eggs on top and drizzle with the Birch & Waite Hollandaise Sauce. Finish by sprinkling with the toasted panko crumbs and finely cut chives.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.