Vegetarian Pizza with Birch & Waite Italian Truffle Mayonnaise
Prep time: 50 minutes
|Warm Water||125 mL|
|Caster Sugar||1 pinch|
Plain Flour, Plus Extra For Dusting200 g
Olive Oil, Plus Extra For Brushing20 mL
|Plain Flour, Plus Extra For Dusting||200 g|
|Olive Oil, Plus Extra For Brushing||20 mL|
|Fresh Grated Mozzarella Cheese||80 g|
|Mixed Mushrooms, Sliced||100 g|
|Fresh Asparagus||3 spears|
|Italian Truffle Mayonnaise||50 ml|
- For the pizza dough: combine the water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for 5 minutes or until foamy. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture and oil. Use a round-bladed knife in a cutting motion to mix until the mixture is combined. Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl.
- Brush a bowl lightly with oil. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place in the prepared bowl and turn to coat in oil. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm, draught-free place to rise for 15 minutes or until dough doubles in size.
- Dust work surface with flour. Use a rolling pin to roll into a 20cm disc. Place on a baking tray.
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Top pizza base with half the mozzarella cheese, sliced mushroom & asparagus. Add remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 8-10 mins in preheated oven.
- Finish pizza with drizzle of Birch & Waite Italian Truffle Mayonnaise.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.