Fritto Misto with Birch & Waite Aioli Garlic Mayonnaise
Prep time: 30 minutes
|Raw Large Prawns Peeled And Deveined, Tails On||3|
|Baby Octopus||80 g|
|Skinless White Fish Fillets (Such As Perch, Snapper, Ling Or John Dory), Cut Into Short Strips||120 g|
|Calamari Cut Into Rings||6 pieces|
|Plain Flour, For Coating|
|Ground Fennel Seeds||1/4 tsp|
|Cracked Pepper||1/4 tsp|
|Sea Salt||1/2 tsp|
|Picked Flat Leaf Parsley|
|Oil, For Deep-Frying|
|Lemon, Cut In Half For Serving||Whole|
|Aioli Garlic Mayonnaise||60 mL|
- Sift the flour with salt and pepper and fennel seeds.
- Peel the prawns and gently pull out the dark vein from each prawn back, starting at the head end.
- Prepare remainder of seafood.
- Dry all the prepared seafood with paper towel, then dust in flour and shake off the excess.
- Fill a deep heavy-based pan one third full of oil and heat to 180°C (350°F).
- Carefully place in a handful of seafood at a time and deep-fry each batch for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp. Remove with tongs or a slotted spoon, drain on crumpled paper towels and keep warm. Finally, carefully deep fry parsley for a few seconds till crispy.
- Grill lemon in a hot pan till caramelised.
- Arrange seafood on plate with Birch & Waite Aioli Garlic Mayonnaise and grilled lemon. Garnish with crispy parsley.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.