Tom Walton's Chicken Schnitzel Caesar Sandwich with Fried Egg with Birch & Waite Caramelised Onion and Caesar Dressing
|Chicken Breasts, Each Split Horizontally In Half||2|
|Plain Flour||1/2 cup|
|Onion & Garlic Powder||1 tsp|
|Salt & Pepper||Qty|
|Fresh Breadcrumbs||2 cups|
|Flat Leaf Parsley, Finely Chopped||1/4 cup|
|Streaky Bacon||8 small slices|
|Olive Oil||1/3 cup|
|Free Range Eggs||4|
|Cos Lettuce, Thickly Sliced||1|
|Shaved Parmesan||1/2 cup|
|Sourdough, Grilled||8 slices|
|Extra Parmesan, To Serve|
|Caesar Dressing||1 cup|
|Caramelised Onion||1 cup|
- Firmly beat the chicken pieces between two sheets of baking paper, with a mallet or a small, heavy pot, to thin out slightly.
- Combine flour, onion powder, garlic powder and seasoning and place in a shallow bowl. In another bowl, add 1/3 cup of Birch & Waite Caesar Dressing, then combine the breadcrumbs and parsley in a third bowl.
- Dip chicken in flour, shaking off excess, then into Birch & Waite Caesar Dressing, letting excess drip off, and finally press into breadcrumbs.
- Repeat to crumb all the chicken, then place in fridge for at least 15 minutes to firm up the crumbs.
- Cook bacon in a large non-stick frying pan until golden then remove. Add olive oil to the pan and place over a medium/ high heat. Place schnitzels into the pan and cook for approx. 3-4 minutes each side until golden and crisp. Set aside on a paper towel- lined plate. Use 1 tbsp of oil from the schnitzel pan to fry eggs in a smaller pan to your liking.
- Combine lettuce, parmesan and a further 1/3 cup of Birch & Waite Caesar Dressing in a mixing bowl, tossing to mix.
- To serve, warm Birch & Waite Caramelised Onion and keep warm. Lay out 4 slices of grilled bread, top with Caesar salad, chicken, bacon, Caramelised Onion, and fried egg. Spread more Birch & Waite Caesar Dressing and a little more finely grated parmesan. Serve and enjoy!
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.