Lemon Crumbed MSC Snapper and Twice Cooked Potato Wedges with Birch & Waite Tartare Sauce
Prep time: 1 hour
- Portion fish onto 4 equal size pieces.
- In a bowl, combine panko crumbs, lemon zest, chopped thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully press one side of each piece of fish into the crumb mixture and lay on a lined baking tray, crumb side up.
- In a medium-large pot, heat oil to 160°C. While oil is heating, cut potato into equal size wedges (around 8-10 pieces). Blanch wedges in hot oil for 5-7 mins. Test with a poker to ensure they are ¾ cooked and then drain on paper and reserve to one side.
- In a 200°C preheated oven, cook the fish for 5-7 mins.
- Turn temperature of oil up to 180°C, cook chips for a second time for 2-3 mins. Take out once they are golden brown and crispy and keep warm.
- Heat a small griddle pan. When hot, place the lemon halves cut side down to caramelise.
- Arrange fish and lemon on a plate, accompany with Birch & Waite Tartare Sauce. Serve crispy potato wedges on the side.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.