Tom Walton's Roast Eggplant Fattoush with Birch & Waite Green Goddess Dressing & Sauce
Prep time: 25 mins
|Birch & Waite Green Goddess Dressing & Sauce||1|
|Eggplants cut into quarters or sixths||2 medium|
|Extra virgin olive oil||3 tbsp|
|Lebanese flat bread||2 pieces|
|Lebanese cucumber, cut into small pieces||1|
|Heirloom grape tomatoes, halved||1 punnet|
|Radishes, cut into wedges||4-5|
|Shallots, sliced||1/3 cup|
|Mint, dill and flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped||Handful of each|
|Cos or baby gem lettuce, cut into wedges||2|
- Preheat an oven to 200C and a Grill or BBQ on high.
- Brush the eggplants with 3 tbsp of olive oil, season well with salt, pepper, and grill for 10-12 minutes, turning throughout to caramelise and cook through.
- While they cook, lightly brush the bread with the remaining olive oil and scatter over 1 tsp of sumac. Roast for 6-8 minutes until crisp, then crush into large pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, radish, shallots and herbs. Add half the crisp bread, season to taste and gently toss to combine.
- Layer the ¾ of the roast eggplant and lettuce over a large platter and drizzle with 2-3 tbsp of Birch & Waite Green Goddess Dressing & Sauce
- Gently mix the salad, layer with the remaining eggplant and drizzle with a little more Birch & Waite Green Goddess Dressing & Sauce to finish.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.