Tom Walton's Crispy Roast Pork Belly Burgers
|Pork Belly, Skin On||1.2 kg|
|Olive Oil||4 tsp|
|Flake Salt, Black Pepper|
|Small White Cabbage, Shredded||1/4|
|Small Red Cabbage, Shredded||1/4|
|Carrot, Peeled & Shredded||1|
|Kale Leaves, Finely Chopped||2 Handfuls|
|Spring Onions, Finely Sliced||3|
|Flat Parsley Leaves, Roughly Chopped||1 Handful|
|Birch & Waite Burger Sauce & Dressing||2 Bottles|
|Preferred Burger Buns||6|
- Remove the pork belly from any packaging and pat dry with paper towel. Using a small sharp knife, make cuts through the skin, 1cm apart, not cutting into the flesh. If time, leave the pork belly uncovered in the fridge for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat an oven to 190C. When ready to cook the pork belly, place it in the sink on a wire rack and pour some boiling water over the skin then pat really dry with paper towel.
- Place the pork, on the rack, into a baking tray. Flip the pork belly over and season the meat with 2 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Flip back and rub 2 tsp of olive oil and 2 tbsp of flake salt into the skin.
- Roast for 1 hour then turn heat up to 240C and continue to cook for 30-40 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden.
- For the slaw, combine the cabbages, carrot, kale, fennel, spring onions, parsley and 2/3 of a bottle of Birch & Waite Burger Sauce & Dressing. Season to taste.
- Toast the inside of the burger buns and pour over a little burger sauce. Pile in a generous amount of slaw, thinly slice the pork belly, and pile on top, finishing with a little more sauce and the bun tops. Serve extra slaw on the side.
Recipe created by Tom Walton for Birch & Waite
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.