Fish Filets with Green Salad
Prep time: 15 minutes
|Firm White Fish Fillets||4 200 g|
|Vegetable Oil||1 tbsp|
|Mini Asparagus, Woody Ends Trimmed||1 bunch|
|Baby Rocket||120 g|
|Lebanese Cucumbers, Thinly Sliced||2|
|Red Onion, Thinly Sliced||1|
|Red Capsicum, Thinly Sliced||1|
|Salt & Pepper|
|Lemon Cut Into Wedges (Optional)||1|
|Rich Tartare Seafood Sauce|
- Place a large frypan over medium heat. Add oil, ensuring the pan is well-coated, then pan fry fish fillets, flesh side down, for 3-4 minutes. Gently turn fillets over and continue cooking for another 3-4 minutes or until flesh is pearly white (and flakes easily with a fork).
- Place a large saucepan, 3/4 filled with water, over high heat and bring to the boil. Add asparagus and cook for 1-4 mins or until tender, depending on the stalk thickness. Immediately refresh cooked asparagus by placing into ice cold water (or under cold running water) for 1 minute, to prevent further cooking.
- Combine salad ingredients, including the asparagus, in a large salad bowl. Toss gently.
- Serve fish fillets with salad and lemon wedge. Season to taste. Finish with Birch & Waite Rich Tartare Seafood Sauce served in a small bowl or dolloped directly onto the fillets.
Use any white fish fillet such as basa, snapper, perch, hake/hoki, ling, cod or barramundi.
For increased texture, coat fish in flour or breadcrumbs, by firstly soaking the fish in a bowl of milk or egg for 3-5 mins before setting in flour or breadcrumbs.
If defrosting fish, use either:
1. Refrigerator thaw method: place fish in the chiller section 24 hours prior to use.
2. Cold water thaw method: place fish in a sealed bag in a bowl filled with cold water for 30 minutes prior to use.
3. Microwave method: place fish in the microwave using ‘”defrost” setting. Cooking immediately afterwards.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.