Tom Walton's Chicken Pad Thai
|Dried, wide rice noodles - soaked in water for 30 minutes||200g|
|Olive Oil||3 Tbsp|
|Chicken thigh, thinly sliced||200g|
|Free range eggs||2|
|Spring onions, white and green parts separated and thinly sliced||3|
|Broccolini, thinly sliced||1 Bunch|
|Red capsicum, thinly sliced||1|
|Birch & Waite Pad Thai Stir Fry Sauce||1 Packet|
|Crushed roasted peanuts||1/3 Cup|
|Bean sprouts, rinsed well||200g|
|Handful of coriander, to serve|
- Soak the noodles in warm or room temperature water to let them soften and soak up the sauce giving them a nice bouncy texture OR soak them in boiling water for 5-6 minutes then drain and use straight away before they clump together.
- Place a large frying pan or wok over high heat and add half the olive oil, chicken and a pinch of salt. Stir fry for 3 minutes to cook and colour the chicken then transfer to a plate.
- Return the pan to the heat add half the remaining oil and cook the eggs, scrambling them with a spatula then transfer to the chicken plate.
- Clean the pan and return to a high heat. Add the remaining oil along with the white sliced spring onion, broccolini, capsicum and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add the noodles and sauce along with a ¼ cup of water which helps the noodles along. Stir fry for 3 minutes to soften and complete cooking the noodles.
- Add in the chicken, egg, half the peanuts, half the bean sprouts & half the green spring onions, mixing through. Serve the noodles topped with the remaining peanuts, bean sprouts, spring onions and coriander.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.