Prep time: 15 minutes
|Plain Flour||2 cups|
|Unsweetened Cocoa Powder||2/3 cup|
|Baking Soda||1 1/4 tsp|
|Baking Powder||1/4 tsp|
|Free Range Eggs||3|
|White Sugar||1 2/3 cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1 tsp|
|Water||1 1/3 cup|
|Signature Whole Egg Mayonnaise||1 cup|
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and lightly flour your cake tin and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer at high speed, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add in the Birch & Waite Mayonnaise and beat at low speed until blended, then add in the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Pour mixture into cake tin. Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks before icing.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.