Creamy Pesto Aubergine and Olive Pasta with Birch & Waite Creamy Pesto Sauce
Prep time: 10mins
Cook Time: 20mins
|Olive Oil||1 tablespoon|
|Aubergines (Eggplants), Cubed||2 medium|
|Button Mushrooms, Sliced||3 cups|
|Black Olives, Pitted||½ cup|
|Pine Nuts, Roasted||¼ cup|
|Fresh Basil Leaves And Shaved Parmesan, To Serve||Qty|
|NEW Creamy Pesto Sauce||1 packet|
- Place aubergine in a bowl, sprinkle with salt and allow to sit for 20 minutes. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the pasta. Cook until al dente.
- Heat olive oil in a large, heavy based saucepan over medium heat. Add eggplant and sear on all sides, then add the mushrooms and gently sauté.
- Pour the Birch & Waite Creamy Pesto Finishing Sauce into a saucepan. Warm on the stovetop on medium heat and stir occasionally until warmed. Or to heat in the microwave, pour the sauce into a microwaveable container or jug and heat on high for 60 seconds. Remove sauce from microwave carefully and stir contents.
- Drain the pasta and add to the large saucepan with the aubergine and mushrooms. Stir through olives and Creamy Pesto Finishing Sauce.
- Serve immediately sprinkled with pine nuts. Top with fresh basil and shaved parmesan.
For some extra protein, toss through some cooked shredded chicken when adding Birch & Waite Creamy Pesto Sauce and olives.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.