Justine Schofield's Gourmet Steak & Chips with Birch & Waite Mushroom & Truffle Sauce
Prep time: 20 Minutes
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||1 tbsp|
|Scotch Fillet Steaks (Rump And Sirloin Are Also Great Optionsl)||4x 100 g|
|Springs Of Thyme||2|
|Chips And Salad, To Serve|
|Salt And Pepper|
|NEW Mushroom & Truffle Sauce||1|
- Take steaks out of fridge 40 minutes - 1 hour before cooking. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Drizzle oil over steaks and then season with salt.
- Heat a large frying pan over high heat, add steaks and cook for 2 minutes on each side for medium rare. Cook a little longer for medium. Remove from the pan and rest for 2-3 minutes.
- While steak is resting, warm Birch & Waite Truffle & Mushroom Sauce as per packet instructions.
- Slice steak and serve with chips (or any side of your choice), salad and generously top with Birch & Waite Mushroom & Truffle Sauce.
Created by Justine Schofield for Birch & Waite.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.