New York Steak with Birch & Waite Creamy Parmesan & Pepper Sauce
Prep time: 10ms COOK TIME: 20ms
|Medium All-Purpose Potatoes, Peeled And Cut Into Even Chunks||6|
|Butter (Plus Extra For The Pan)||1½ tablespoon|
|Grated Parmesan||1/4 cup|
|Medium Steaks (New York, Rump Or Fillet) At Room Temperature||4|
|Olive Or Vegetable Oil||1 tablespoon|
|Freshly Ground Black Pepper|
|Swiss Brown Mushrooms, Quartered||1 cup|
|Broccolini, Trimmed||2 bunches|
|NEW Creamy Parmesan & Pepper Sauce||1 packet|
- Add potatoes to a pot of cold water with 1 tsp salt, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce temperature and simmer until just soft when tested with a skewer. Drain well. Add butter and cream and mash until smooth. Add parmesan and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, Pat steak dry with a paper towel, brush with oil and sprinkle with pepper & salt. Sear in a hot pan for 3-4 mins each side (medium rare) or until desired level of doneness. Place on a warm plate, cover and rest for approximately 10mins.
- Add a generous knob of butter to the hot pan and gently sauté the mushrooms.
- Steam broccolini in the top of a double boiler until just tender.
- Slice steak and arrange on plate with mash, broccolini and mushrooms.
- Heat Birch & Waite Creamy Parmesan & Pepper Sauce according to pack instructions and drizzle over the steak.
Use your favourite cut of steak or lamb for this recipe. Our Birch & Waite Creamy Parmesan & Pepper Sauce pairs perfectly with any meat.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.