Pad Thai Pancake with Birch & Waite Pad Thai Stir Fry Sauce
|Dairy free milk (or water)||140g|
|Dried Pad Thai noodles, broken in half||200g|
|Extra firm tofu, cubed||125g|
|Oil of choice|
|Garlic, finely chopped||3 cloves|
|Carrot, cut into matchsticks||1 small|
|Capsicum, thinly sliced||1 small|
|Chinese garlic chives or spring onion, cut into 5cm pieces||1/4 cup|
|Birch & Waite Pad Thai Stir Fry Sauce|
|Lime wedges, to serve (optional)|
|Bean sprouts, to serve (optional)|
|Fried shallots, to serve (optional)|
|Peanuts, finely chopped, to serve (optional)|
|Chilli, finely chopped, to serve (optional)|
- Add chickpea flour and milk to a small bowl. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- Place noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water. Soak for 5-10 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water. Noodles should be still be slightly firm.
- Add oil to a large non-stick fry pan over high heat. Sear tofu then push it to the side of the pan.
- Add garlic, carrot and capsicum. Sauté for 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add noodles, bean sprouts and chives. Mix to combine.
- Add Birch & Waite Pad Thai Stir Fry Sauce. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Pour chickpea mixture over the Pad Thai. Mix until combined.
- Flatten and press down the Pad Thai in the pan.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until underneath is slightly golden brown and the pancake is intact. Carefully flip and cook on the other side.
- Invert or transfer the pancake to a serving plate and cool slightly. Use a sharp knife to cut into wedges or small squares. Top as desired. Enjoy warm or at room temperature.
If you’re not confident about flipping the pancake or don’t have a non-stick fray pan, Anthea recommends cooking the Pad Thai in an oven-safe fry pan until Step 8. Use your oven grill to cook the top of the pancake then serve.
Recipe created by Rainbow Nourishments for Birch & Waite.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.