Tom Walton's Chicken Fried Rice with Birch & Waite Teriyaki Miso Stir Fry Sauce
|Chicken thighs, skinless, boneless||6|
|Birch & Waite Teriyaki Miso Stir Fry Sauce||1 packet|
|Olive oil||3 tbsp|
| Shallots, spring onions (scallions) –|
white part sliced into rounds, green part sliced on an angle, separated
|Carrots, peeled and diced||2|
|Broccolini bunch, sliced||1|
|Cooked long grain rice, chilled||3 cups|
|Frozen peas||1 cup|
|Large handful beans sprouts|
|Free range eggs||4|
|Toasted sesame seeds||1 tbsp|
- Toss the chicken thigh with half the Teriyaki Miso Stir Fry Sauce then place into a baking dish. Leave this to marinate for 20 minutes or longer in the fridge.
- Preheat an oven to 220C and roast the chicken for 15-20 minutes, until nicely caramelised and cooked through. You can use the top grill function in the oven for the last 3-4 minutes of cooking if needed to get it nice and golden.
- Meanwhile, place a large frying pan or wok over a high heat and add the oil and white part of shallot, carrot and broccolini. Stir fry for 2 minutes then add the rice and stir fry that for 2 more minutes before adding the peas and remaining Teriyaki Miso Stir Fry Sauce. Stir fry for 1 minute then add the bean sprouts and ¾ of remaining green shallots.
- Place another non-stick pan over a high heat. Add the remaining olive oil and fry the eggs to your liking. Slice the cooked chicken thighs. Spoon the fried rice into serving dishes and top with the chicken, fried egg, spooning any cooking juices from the chicken over.
- Finish with remaining shallots and sesame seeds.
Replace chicken with tofu for a vegetarian alternative
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.