Rainbow Nourishments Herbed Christmas Tree Bread with Birch & Waite Green Goddess Dressing & Sauce
|Baby spinach leaves||75g or 2 ½ cups|
|Birch & Waite Green Goddess Dressing & Sauce||65g or ¼ cup|
|Dairy free milk, warm||65g or ¼ cup|
|Plain flour or bread flour (start with less flour and add more if needed)||250g to 310g (2 to 2 ½ cups)|
| vegan block butter, room temperature|
|55g (¼ cup|
|sugar||25g (2 tbsp)|
|dried oregano, rosemary or other Italian style herbs||2 tbsp|
|instant yeast||2 tsp|
|vegan butter, melted||1 tbsp|
|fresh or dried herbs||1 tbsp|
- 1. Add the spinach, Green Goddess Dressing & Sauce and milk to a blending jug and blend with animmersion blender. You can use a stand blender but you’ll need to scrape the sides a lot.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, add the spinach mixture and all the other ingredients.
- Mix and knead the dough until soft and stretchy. Add more flour if your dough is too sticky or moremilk if your dough is too dry.
- Place the dough in a clean bowl. Cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm spot for 1-2 hours oruntil doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 23 equal parts. Shape each part into asmooth ball.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a large baking tray.
- Arrange the dough balls on the baking tray in a Christmas tree shape. Leave a little room betweeneach ball as they will expand.
- Cover the tray with a tea towel. Let the dough rest in a warm spot for 1-2 hours or until the doughis puffy again.
- When you’re ready to bake, preheat your oven to 180°C. Bake the bread for 22-28 minutes or until the surface is evenly golden brown and the sides of each ball looks cooked.
- To make the glaze, mix the butter and herbs in a small bowl. Brush the glaze on your bread whileit’s warm.
- Serve warm!
Notes *Spreadable vegan butter will work but you will need to add more flour
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.