Ham Hock, Leek and Egg Tartlets with Birch & Waite Hollandaise Sauce
Prep time: 30 mins + 40 mins cooking
|Sour Cream Shortcrust Pastry||400 g|
|Large Fresh Free Range Eggs||5|
|Thickened Cream||75 mL|
|Parmesan Cheese, Finely Grated||60 g|
|Smoked Ham Hock Meat||160 g|
|Caster Sugar||20 g|
|Baby Leaf Salad||120 g|
|Micro Herbs||2 punnets|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||40 mL|
|Hollandaise Sauce||125 mL|
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease 4 non-stick tins approx. 12cm x 2.5cm. Using a 15cm circle cutter, cut 4 circles of shortcrust pastry and line tartlet cases with the pastry, using your fingers to push the pastry down the sides and into the base of the tart. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to cool.
- Line the tartlets with baking paper and fill with baking weights or dried chickpeas. Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly golden. Carefully remove baking paper and baking weights and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes to crisp the base of the tarts.
- Slice the leeks into approximately 1cm thick pieces. Gently caramelize in a nonstick pan with a little oil and sugar until well browned and soft. Remove and set aside
- Combine the eggs with the thickened cream, half of the finely grated parmesan, salt & pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Fill each tart shell with a generous handful of smoked ham hock meat and caramelised leeks, but retain some for garnish. Pour the egg mixture over the top. Finish with extra grated parmesan cheese. Bake in a preheated oven for approx. 20 minutes or until the tarts are firm and the top is golden brown.
- Mix the baby leaf salad with the micro herbs and dress lightly with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- To serve, place a warm tart on the base of a plate and a handful of the baby leaf salad. Pour the Birch & Waite Hollandaise Sauce generously over the top of the tart. Garnish with the extra caramelized leeks and microherbs.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.