Poached Eggs on Spinach with Birch & Waite Hollandaise Sauce
Prep time: 15 minutes
|Rye Or Sourdough Toast||1 slice|
|English Spinach||80 g|
|White Vinegar (For Poaching Egg)||15 mL|
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place prosciutto flat on a baking tray, taking care not to overlap. Cook for 7-8 mins till crispy. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Heat a small fry pan to high, add a small amount of oil and quickly sauté spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast rye/sourdough bread.
- Crack your egg into a small bowl or onto a saucer.
- Bring a small pot of water filled at least 5cm deep to a simmer and add vinegar. Gently swirl water to make a whirl pool. Tip the egg into centre of the pan. Gently simmer for 2 minutes. Lift the egg out with a slotted spoon and drain it on kitchen paper.
- To assemble, place toast on a plate, then top with spinach, gently place egg on top of spinach. Drizzle with Birch & Waite Hollandaise Sauce. Finish with crispy prosciutto.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.