Sweet Toasted Brioche with Crab, Heirloom Tomato and Chive Salad with Birch & Waite Hollandaise Sauce
Prep time: 20 minutes + 10 mins cooking
|Brioche Loaf, Thickly Sliced||4|
|Large Fresh Free Range Eggs||4|
|Blue Swimmer Crab Meat||150 g|
|Mixed Heirloom Tomatoes||250 g|
|Eschallots, Peeled||50 g|
|Chilli Flakes||3 g|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||30 g|
|Mixed Leaf Salad||100 g|
|Micro Herbs||1 punnet|
|Freshly Ground Black Pepper|
|Sea Salt Flakes|
|White Vinegar, For Poaching Eggs||1 tbsp|
|Hollandaise Sauce||280 g|
- Roughly dice the Heirloom tomatoes, place in a colander to let the excess juice drain away and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Once drained, combine the tomatoes with the Blue Swimmer Crab meat, finely chopped chives, finely diced eschallots, chilli flakes and extra virgin olive oil, and mix gently. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add vinegar to a pan of water set over a medium heat. Crack the eggs into small cups and swirl the water. Drop the eggs in one by one and poach for 3 minutes so the white is just set and the yolk is soft and runny.
- Lightly toast the brioche until and set aside.
- Gently toss the mixed leaf salad with a little extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- To serve, place the toasted brioche on the base of a plate, top with a handful of the mixed leaf salad. Gently spoon the crab & tomato salad onto the mixed leaves and carefully place the soft poached egg on top. Spoon a generous amount of the Birch & Waite Hollandaise Sauce over the top and garnish with sea salt, freshly cracked black pepper and micro herbs.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.