Gourmet Pulled Pork Burger with Birch & Waite Smokey Chipotle Mayonnaise
|Cracked black pepper||10g|
|Australian Pork Boneless Pork Shoulder||2.5kg|
|Red cabbage, finely shredded||1/4|
|Savoy cabbage, finely shredded||1/4|
|Large carrots, finely shredded||3|
|Birch & Waite Smokey Chipotle Mayonnaise|
- Mix together smoked paprika, cumin, brown sugar, pepper and salt. Rub over pork shoulder, massaging well into skin.
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Transfer pork to a deep baking dish, skin-side up, and pour in cider and chicken stock. Cover baking dish tightly with foil. Cook pork for 5-6 hours or until falling apart. Check baking dish every couple of hours and top up with stock if liquid in dish is drying out too much.
- Once pork is tender and the meat is falling apart, remove from oven and transfer pork to a chopping board, leaving cooking liquid in the baking dish. Cut skin from pork and discard, along with fat. Shred meat using two forks. Skim excess oil off the surface of the cooking liquid. Return pulled pork back to the baking dish to keep moist and warm.'
- Combine cabbage and carrot in a large bowl. Add Birch & Waite Smokey Chipotle Mayonnaise to slaw mix- toss to coat.
- To serve, lightly toast split brioche buns and coat with Birch & Waite Smokey Chipotle Mayonnaise. Top bases of buns with slaw and pulled pork.. Serve with additional Birch & Waite Smokey Chipotle Mayonnaise and charred corn.
Save time and use a pre-cooked Australian Pulled Pork.
Explore Our Recipes
Looking for some inspiration to enhance your menu? Our recipes have been hand selected to help you elevate your menu with authentic flavours and fresh ideas.